Genesis Studios has been providing Architectural Renderings & Visualizations since 1985. This includes hand painted renderings, digital renderings, architectural scale models and architectural animations. We provide Exterior Renderings and Interior Renderings. It is convenient for our clients to obtain the type of presentation they need from one source.
Most architectural rendering companies offer just one style of illustration. Genesis Studios offers Watercolors Renderings, Pen & Ink with Watercolor Renderings and Digital Renderings. We also offer Hybrid Digital Renderings, using our hand painted trees, skies and plants that give digital renderings a painterly look.
Genesis has received numerous ASAI (American Society of Architectural Illustrators) Awards of Excellence for our architectural illustrations.
To begin a project we’ll request as much information as you can provide. We don’t expect all of the information to be available, but we do have a “wish list” from which you can check off the information you can submit:
- General View Direction marked on floor plans
- AutoCAD drawings:
- Floor Plan
- Reflected Ceiling Plan (including lighting)
- Pertinent Sections
- Furniture Plan
- Photo reference; spaces with similar design features
- General View Direction marked on site plan
- AutoCAD Drawings
- Floor plans
- Site plan
- Landscape and Hardscape plans
- Colors and Materials
- Photo reference of context
- Photos of existing architecture with a similar design
- Materials Board (Often good to have individual material and color reference as well-such as Sherwin Williams)
- Cut Sheets for items such as furniture, lighting, accessories
- If applicable, manufacturer’s furniture specs (sometimes they have 3d models)
- Photos of views outside of windows
- Planting information
We have architects on our team and can work from the proverbial “Sketch on a cocktail napkin” if that’s all that’s available. However, it’s better for us to have all available information at the beginning of a project. Usually colors and materials can be gathered while we build the 3d model.
After we receive your information:
- For renderings, we begin building the 3d model. Once the 3d model is completed, we submit views for your approval. If the desired view is not achieved on the first pass, we can generate additional views per your direction.
- When we have an approved view or views, we sketch in the entourage, trees, planting, cars, people/activity. Mark-ups with any comments are appreciated.
- After the composition is agreed upon, we begin the rendering phase bringing all of the pieces of information together, illustrating your project in full context of its environment and highlighting it’s its architectural and life style features. If requested, we can send progress shoots.
- Once the rendering is completed, we send a low resolution image for approval. We work with you to bring out final details.
- Upon approval, we send a high-resolution TIFF file via Dropbox or your preferred means of file transfer. We release all rights to the artwork.
- For animations, once the storyboard and camera path is established, we build the 3d model.
- A simple movie file is then created for the client to review. After the path and camera speed is approved, materials, colors, textures, landscape and lighting effects are added.
- Rendering is the next step. The files are then taken into and editing program such as Adobe After Effects. At this stage we may add graphic introduction frames, voice over, music and video effects.
- Final is delivered in various formats suitable for all types of media.
The time from beginning to completion of a rendering project is around two weeks. Animations are completed in two-three months. Rush schedules can be worked out if necessary. We do what it takes to meet deadlines. We understand the importance of getting projects completed on time.